Director of Restaurant Operations
Want to be a part of growing and beloved restaurant brand?
Dumpling Daughter opened its first restaurant in 2014 and now has grown to multiple locations around Boston. In 2021 the company launched a website shipping its food directly to consumer homes, launched an Amazon site selling its famous sauces, and has grown a retail business selling in over 50 grocery stores.
As the Director of Restaurant Operations, you will assist our team of Managers and Directors to oversee our portfolio of venues in the Boston area. Strong leadership and team building skills, demonstrated business acumen in operations and P&L management, and exceptional client relationship skills are prerequisites for the position. This role is responsible for working with the team to create and execute the business unit strategies and action plans that will generate profitable growth for our portfolio of stores.
- Oversee day-to-day operations with a focus on guest satisfaction.
- Work with stores to ensure Catering is being executed and delivered
- Manage client relationships in a manner that is responsive to client needs while being mindful to ROI.
- Preparing detailed reports for committee and executive meetings and related regulatory compliance.
- Implement strategies to grow net revenues and endorse cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Review financial statements and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Present store P&Ls to general managers to give them ownership of their store profitability.
- Communicating results to managers, helping to onboard new employees, and assisting in any operational needs to ensure high-quality standards are met and maintained
- Provide solutions to operational issues from top line sales to bottom line profit targets while delivering the best in class guest experience.
- Respond to client emails, inquiries, and contacts to manage customer experiences and problem solve any in-store issues.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Director of Operations or similar position in a restaurant company. Catering experience is not a requirement, but would be preferred.
- Degree in Hospitality or Business Management is preferred.
- Strong financial and computer skills; has experience developing and managing P&L’s; able to monitor budgets and manage service and labor costs.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills to deal effectively with all types of business contacts, employee affairs, and customers.
- Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- A keen eye for process improvements and ability to find efficiency gains
- Required skills: demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft suite, Slack, and Toast
- Experience: prior work experience managing a multi-chain restaurant group