Director of Human Resources
Dumpling Daughter opened its first restaurant in 2014 and now has grown to multiple locations around Boston. In 2021 the company launched a website shipping its food directly to consumer homes, launched an Amazon site selling its famous sauces, and has grown a retail business selling in over 50 grocery stores.
As the Director of Human Resources, you will assist our team of Managers and Executive Team to oversee our Human Resources department. Strong leadership and team building skills, demonstrated business acumen in HR, and operational/HR policy knowledge are prerequisites for the position. This role is responsible for working with the Executive team and store managers to create and execute action plans that will standardize and professionalize company HR policies.
This job has the ability to be either Part-Time or Full-Time depending on the needs to the applicant. A great fit for parents who have been home since 2020 and want to get back to work.
- Review and revise our company handbook and established HR policies
- Ensure all policies are documented and up to the required industry/state standards (Employee Leave, Sick Time, COVID 19 impacts, etc).
- Work with store managers to understand on-boarding process and use that knowledge to develop and execute an efficient onboarding and offboarding procedure for all Dumpling Daughter employees that is compliant with all state and Federal regulations.
- Review of compliance materials and training processes to see if any gaps exist
- Preparing detailed reports for committee and board meetings and related regulatory compliance where applicable.
- Maintain personnel files for all Dumpling Daughter employees and temporary employees.
- Evaluate and respond to unemployment claims in a timely manner.
- Manage all employee relations issues for the US partnering with HQ and external resources when needed
- Meet regularly with employees and managers to facilitate a comfortable environment in which issues can be raised when they are small and resolved before they grow
- Perform an annual review of all employee benefit options to ensure value and increase participation.
- +5 years of experience in HR role including in a manager or director position
- Experience with benefits & compensation best practices and decision making
- Solid understanding of US employment law
- Required skills: demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft suite; Slack and Toast (preferred)
- Experience: prior work experience managing a multi chain restaurant group a plus